Monday, July 27, 2009

Some favorite sites of Des Moines

On the train at Blank Park Zoo.

Hessen Haus: Home of Das Boot and plenty of pleasant/fuzzy memories


The State Capitol was so gorgeous and always free to tour.

I had an awesome view from my window in the maternity wing.

The Heritage Carousel is a hand painted, hidden gem at a local park.

This is where I developed my distaste towards carousels. lol


The Simon Estes Riverfront Amphitheater is awesome! It's a multifunctional site for weddings, concerts, plays, etc... It has a great background of the Des Moines River.


My son was such a wuss with bodies of water, but loved spray parks. The one in Ankeny, IA was so much fun for for like $2.
Principal Park is home to the Iowa Cubs, a minor league baseball team. My local mom's group was invited for a photo shoot, so were able to let the kids run wild on the cushiest grass I've ever experienced. Of course, the hubby tagged along for the fun.

How much do we looove Raccoon River Park in West Des Moines, IA!!! It has a huge playground, spray park, dog park, walking trail and lake! The Bear loved this park the best. It was definitely a place we always wandered back to when we didn't know what to do with our day.









No comments:

Post a Comment