Friday, July 24, 2009

Consignment Rot

Boo to the consignment sale today! Their advertising is just so influential on my state of mind. I get so geared up to snatch stuff in a hurry and push families aside for deals.

But these things...These things suuuucked. People tagged their items "Gap", "Talbots", "Guess",etc... Yeah, priced at $7 or more and the kids clothes were to pieces. Ripped cuffs and faded out. I'd pay less at a Goodwill for this stuff. I could go to a nicer consignment store and pay the same price for nice things. A lot of the shoes were so old the plastic on the bottom was yellow. I'm such a priss, but not really.

But you know what? People were buying shit up like nobody's business. Women were sliding laundry hampers at their feet filled with items filled to the brim. I felt ill and left. The hunger for undervalued items on sales makes me feel gross. Priss.

Although J-cakes is now making money, I'm trying to be conservative with our spending. I figured the Bear's clothes and toys would prolly be a good place to start saving. We save with groceries and we don't go out really. Mostly because we're still adjusting to Nashville and we don't have friends...haha. "Don't make friends, and you'll save tons of cash!" We're a success story!

We'll attempt another consignment sale next weekend. I'm determined to get him some clothes. I like the idea of used clothing since kids outgrow things so quickly. But the prices totally have to be reasonable. Don't expect me to buy torn up, stained sweatpants for $8. Get over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment