Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Green Monster

I can't believe the amount of poop this caterpillar can create. I seriously thought it was bird poop for weeks. Then this huge sucker appears and I think I'm gonna be so nice and let it cocoon and turn into a beautiful butterfly. Then my tomato plants start dying. WTF? I keep wondering what kind of caterpillar it is so I finally "bing" it and find out it's a total parasite. It's responsible for completely defoliating my tomato plant. I could barely sleep all night thinking of that monster hanging there full of the nutrients of my tomatoes in it's ugly green tummy. My poor plants have been trying to produce tomatoes and they've just stalled their growth!

So this morning I got ready, plucked that sucker off the stem and threw it on the neighbors yard. Then I began the illustrious task of finding more caterpillars. Bah! I found another tobacco hornworm, but it was much smaller. Then I found the tiniest one! And there was friggin poop everywhere! I had no idea they pooped so much! This makes me so angry, but I suppose it is the end of the season. I felt better walking around the block this morning and seeing my neighbor's tomato plants dying too. I suppose we all must be succumbing to the tobacco hornworm.

I think I'm just really infuriated and embarrassed that a fat ass caterpillar that's gonna turn into a big brown moth tricked me for so long. Pff. Jerk.



No comments:

Post a Comment