Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gardening

I'm trying to get my veggie garden going and it is so hard to loosen up that dirt. Why didn't I do ths dring our rainy period? Oof.

I'm growing roma tomatoes, some kind of jelly hybrid tomatoes, watermelon, green beans and sweet peas from seed. I even caved and bought a Topsy Turvy only because it said it would grow herbs too. And if you know about our mojito consumption on the weekends, yo'd know this purchase is a must. But I guess I was confused about this Topsy Turvy. You have to buy the plants and soil for it. This should have been a given considering the size of the box, but I've lost a few million brain cells since bcoming a SAHM. I was going to return it after reading the reviews about the tomoatoe, but I think it might be useful in growing a ton of herbs. So it's a keeper!

And I have to big planters I need to fill up. Th Bear and I have been browsing different plants to make ou final decision. He likes some pretty fuzzy annuals and I think I'm gonna get some colorful mini elephant ears. I loooove color! It's a mood booster.

Everything in the back yard is growing and getting super bushy. I love it! Our roses are fnicky of course, but the lilies are blooming now. And our big weird bee attratants are about to bloom. They are the most interesting flowers.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with our big beds in the front. We have large shrubs, hostas and lillies in there. The previous owners used pine mulch for the rest of the beds, but the leaves and saplings from the fall and spring get mixed in and it turns into a huge mess. I'm already spending close to $50 on the mulch for the backyard. I don't want to spend another $50 on pine mulch. Blech. I'm trying to find a more permanent solution.

Thise homeownership is making me exhausted. Sometimes I miss renting, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment