Friday, June 18, 2010

A Surprise Visit

So my dad called me yesterday asking what my plans were this weekend. I figured it was another awkward attempt at a normal conversation and I said we were only planning on the water park. He kind of moaned and said he was thinking of visiting this weekend. Uh...whatever. I really didn't think the plans would work out since he was calling on a Thursday afternoon and he wanted to fly in on a Friday. He's a bit cheap, so I assumed his last minute travel plans would be costly and he'd back out. I said he could try, and give me a call later with the plans.

Yeah...He's coming. I really should have listened to that voicemail before returning his phone call. I mean...It's been a LONG AZZ time since I've seen him. I've kept my distance for a number of reasons, but mostly because I am simply happier without him around. He's always picked on me and made me feel like my attempts at success were feeble. So I finally came up with the genius idea that if I ignored him, then I wouldn't have to talk to him, and I'd feel better.

Well, you can only go so long without contact with a parent. Especially if you have a kid.

So this weekend is going to be awkward. I kind of feel nauseous thinking about it. And my husband is already complaining for no good reason, which makes me stick up for my awkward dad considering all the In Law visits I get while Hubs is working. Seriously, Hubs should shut it. I rarely see my family. I always get a major dose of his mom, niece and brother(s). It would be super fantastic spectacular if he'd paint a stupid smile on his face and play nice for my sanity. Because my sanity will definitely be on edge come Monday.

I'm trying to clean and do laundry, but my attempts are lame since I almost don't care what my dad thinks anymore.

But you know what's going to be the absolute worst of the worst this weekend?

My dad has a major problem with chewing with his mouth open. He consciously chews with it closed in public, but it's all open and sloppy when it's at home. And he ALWAYS blows his nose and clears his throat. ALWAYS!!! It makes me cringe.

*shudder*

No comments:

Post a Comment